Saturday, September 25, 2010

Testing Testing 1-2



Well, I guess this is when I officially start talking about Edgar.
I feel exactly like those little rabbits on the plate: I run and I run and I run and I wish I could only focus on my restaurant. But there are little bushes in the way, rabbit holes, traps I try not to get stuck in too long. I have to take some detours, but soon the road will be straight - I am just so anxious to get on with this. Someone recently told me that a restaurant is a monster that eats your life. Thanks Howie, I am looking forward to this.

There is a lot of paperwork involved. Phone calls. Emails. All of which I have to do before or after work... Then I fall asleep on the living room carpet. I do.

I started testing food last night.
As I am writing this, I am experiencing a sugar overload.
It is sticky bun test morning. With lemon zest? Butterscotch sauce? Vanilla? Cooked in cupcake tins or one big baking dish?

(the lemony sauce is winning, baking dish, needs more cinnamon, will incorporate pecans, no raisins...)

5 comments:

kaitlin said...

dis moi si tu as besoin d'assistance. spécifiquement avec le peinture.

marysol said...

Ah Kaitlin, c'est tellement gentil!!!

Je vais faire un horaire demain, et je t'envoie un courriel!

xx

Jen from SewnNatural said...

congratulations - i love your blog and live in ottawa...look forward to coming to your new place.

Nora said...

I love it ! Good luck with your new venture!

kimmeier said...

Un resto?! Youppii et félicitations! J'ai hâte de suivre tes aventures et, encore plus, à y manger une fois ouvert. Courage et bonne chance!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License